September 2014: Cyclefest – Pedal Power and the Family One
Two amazing events on the same day: an excellent family ride, plus a set of wonderful displays in the Market Place and parish churchyard.
There was lots & lots to see & do! There were Pedal Power stalls, displays, interactive events in the Market Square and around the Bell Tower. What was happening? Well, here’s a little taste:
- Inspirational talks by legendary Ironman Triathlete & Powerman Duathlete, Michelle Parsons!
- Evesham Wheelers (don’t forget “CLUB One” on Sunday 21st September)
- Lots of stands: About Bikes, Green Bike Co, Vale Cycles, Sustrans and Push Bike
- Halford Cycles service area
- Madnuts uni-cycle and slack line!
- West Mercia Police and safe cycling
- Stands with lots of goodies – Spot Loggins, VEHS/VECS, food stall, Phoenix cycle-themed stationery, Appeal stall!
- Tesco’s children farm-to-fork treasure trail!
- Our side youth children’s games
- John Raphael PA & music!
- Afternoon tea in All Saints’ church
- Tours of the Bell Tower ringing chamber!
- Free cycle park!
A selection of images shared on our facebook page:
THE FAMILY ONE
A lovely country ride from Evesham to Pershore, then back to Evesham. Registration was from 9am (in the parish churchyard; alongside all those Pedal Power stands!); and some 70 cyclists left between 10:45am and 11:30am. This was a lovely family ride along a scenic and safe route (approximately 20 miles) with lots of pubs along the way! Entry forms were available online or could be picked up from the Almonry, Library, Railway Station, Leisure Centre, or Birdseye Sports.
Some images shared on our dedicated facebook page:
There was lots of material available to help ensure everyone was fully informed. In addition to a leaflet there was also general Information, a safety checklist, a route map, detailed route description and instructions, plus a sponsorship form and an evaluation form. And the route (with LOTS of pubs!!!)……….
Many thanks to everyone who organised, took part, and supported this excellent event!
We shouldn’t forget there was another cycling event happening at the same time!
Interim! The Tour of Britain comes to town! (Wednesday 10th September)
The day the Tour of Britain came through Evesham! Right in the middle of Cyclefest! Absolutely perfect timing! Followed shortly afterwards by our second Cyclefest event…