We are very grateful for the support and encouragement from our patrons. In particular, we have benefited hugely from the support of our former MP and the active support of the Mayors of Evesham:
- Sir Peter Luff, MP, wrote “You can count on my unconditional support… I will happily provide any endorsements you may wish in furthering this important appeal… I am delighted to accept the invitation to become a Patron.” Sir Peter provided sterling support throughout the Appeal: helping launch the Cyclefest ‘Big One’ as well as providing financial support.
- The Mayor of Evesham, Cllr Charlie Homer agreed to become a Patron of the Appeal when he became Mayor in May 2014. Charlie was a staunch supporter of the Appeal. He was a keen supporter of many events; including presenting Bell Tower Awards and helping with our excellent Charity Auction. He was pleased to take part in the launch of Bell Tower Ale. Most impressively, he took part in the Cyclefest ‘Big One’, a major fund-raising event!
- The previous Mayor of Evesham, Cllr Mark Goodge, provided sterling support as one of the very first patrons of the Appeal. Mark supported a number of our events; including starting the excellent Evesham to Beccles Bell Tower cycle ride. The Appeal was also one of the nominated charities for the Mayor’s own fund-raising year. We are most grateful to the active support and help of our hard-working Mayors!
We were also pleased that local celebrities agreed to act as patrons:
- Michelle Parsons, International Ironwoman Triathlete and Powerman Duathlete. Although born in Australia, Michelle has lived with her family in Evesham for many years. She says about the Bell Tower: “The Bell Tower has always been, and always will be, a prominent landmark in Evesham and with the history surrounding it. Without it, I don’t think Evesham would have an identity and for certain All Saints’ Church will lose a very important neighbour.” This legendary Ironman Triathlete & Powerman Duathlete gave a series of inspirational talks as part of our Cyclefest Family One & Pedal Power event. Thank you Michelle!
- Alistair McGowan, a ‘local lad’ and great supporter of many things in Evesham, added his support to the Appeal and was pleased to become a Patron.
- The Bishop of Worcester, The Rt Revd John Inge also kindly agreed to become a Patron of the Appeal.
- Alex Gregory, MBE, Olympic gold medal rower also added his support: “I am proud to be a patron of the Evesham Bell Tower Appeal and I fully support the work to raise funds for its restoration. The Bell Tower is such an iconic, important building in Evesham. Its conservation is essential to ensure it can be enjoyed by future generations.”
We are most grateful to the support of our patrons, especially Sir Peter Luff and our hard-working mayors, and everyone who has given so much to help make the appeal such a success!